2013 FALL ACADEMY
Plans are underway for Fall Academy. Please visit often for updates for this season's progam.
The NKSC Academy was created as the primary development arm of NKSC, targeting players in the "golden years of learning" (U6-U12). Overall, the NKSC Academy programs are built upon USSF Best Practices and incorporate age appropriate methods and outcomes that use the following principles:
Soccer training should, first and foremost, be fun
- Learning soccer should be a positive experience for all players
- Soccer training must be tailored to the capabilities of the age group
- Individual skill development is critical to the development of soccer players and should be emphasized over team skills
- The game is the best teacher and small-sided games are the best
- Players should be free and encouraged to take chances and experiment
- Too much competition and overly structured play at an early age leads to player burnout and
dropping out of soccer.
- The parents who volunteer to coach are the future of the club.
- The Academy is designed to provide a foundation for both coaches and players.