- Preside over all Club and Board meetings.
- Appoint Chairpersons for committees as designated by Club Bylaws and Rules and Regulations.
- Appoint from the Club membership a person or persons to fill the vacancy of any officer who, for any reason does not fulfill his/her term of office.
- Sign orders on the Treasury.
- Annually, collect individual board member reports and create and submit collective club report to NSYSA in December of each year.
- Serves as a member of the Bylaws Revision Committee and the Viking Cup Tournament Committee.
- Organize and make all arrangements for the Annual Board Retreat to be held in January or February of each year for Club planning and goal setting for the upcoming year.
- President will organize and chair all coaches meetings, including, spring, fall and select; ensuring all board members prepare and deliver information to all perspective coaches.
Vice President of Development
- recommend and employ strategies and programs that will aid the development of players, coaches and referees;
- develop tracking systems to update coaching levels and referee levels;
- establish and administer broad player development Academy programs with Board approval;
- recommend to the Board player camps and training opportunities at all levels and advertise to the club;
- in November, annually provide board member report to the President;
- consider the nomination for Board Appointment or as direct assistant persons to aid in the performance of these duties. Suggestions include: Referee Development Rep, Director of Coaching Education, Technical Director, Academy Coordinators, etc.
Vice President of Program Coordination - Fields
Acquire fields and be the liaison between the Club and North Kitsap School District (NKSD) field provider;
ensure that fields are reserved through NKSD for NKSC practice, games, Viking Cup tournament and program events;
each August apply for new Certificates of Insurance through the NSYSA Secretary (WYS) or US Club Soccer directly as applicable. Receive and distribute these to NKSD;
Ensure that fields, goals, nets, paint, and liners are available for NKSC teams for practices, games, and sponsored tournaments and events;
assist the VP Competition with the creation/maintenance of schedules for team games;
create/maintain schedules for team practice times and locations;
coordinate work parties for requested maintenance of fields and/or equipment, i.e. fill holes with topsoil, sod replacement, repaint goals, hang nets, etc;
ensure that serviceable goals, nets and field equipment is secure, safe and available to NKSC members and repaired/replaced promptly as applicable;
order field paint, goals, nets, and liners as needed and within budget
ensure Sani-Cans are managed and available at all active fields
recruit field marshals and field assistants for season layout and field painting as needed for league games
request assistance from Club members and parents to perform above responsibilities;
work with Volunteer Coordinator to assign volunteer help to required tasks;
provide Board member report to the President;
consider the appointment of assistants as required. Suggestions include: Field Reps, Field Scheduler, Field Permit Assistant, Field Equipment Assistant and/or others as applicable .
Vice President of Awards and Recognition
- Arrange for and schedule team pictures. Distribute pictures using a volunteer as provided by the Volunteer Coordinator
- Oversee and organize along with designated volunteers the Annual Coaches Appreciation Dinner including proposing dates and acquiring facilities, scheduling guest speakers & master of ceremony, determining menus, assigning duties of preparation, setup & decorations, serving, and cleanup, provide Secretary with pertinent information for Club invitation to all Coaches
- Acquire nominations and make recommendations to the Board regarding Coaches of the Year, Administrator of the Year, and Young Referee of the Year
- Oversee and coordinate with VP of Competition and designated volunteers for the Annual Team and Player Awards Ceremony including: proposed date and acquiring facility, ordering awards or certificates as applicable for League placement, People of the Year Recognition, Referee recognition, Scholarship recipients. With assistance from designated volunteers, determine menu and assign duties of preparation, setup and decorations, serving, and cleanup. Provide Secretary with pertinent information for Club invitations to all teams, players, referees and People of the Year. Define program for event and select a master of ceremony as host
- Coordinate with the Registrar for team lists and player numbers to order and distribute Club pins. (Volunteer Coordinator- part of "opening day event");
- Coordinate with North Kitsap High School & Kingston High School Counseling for the posting and collecting of applications for the John Smith Memorial Scholarship and the Joyce Sheflo Memorial Scholarship to two boys and the Les Kiehle Memorial Scholarship and the Mary Ann Davis Memorial Scholarship to two girls from the graduating senior class; Maintain application updates, monitor and ensure the Board meets and selects recipients, then notifies NKHS & KHS of the Club's decision; be responsible for contacting the Treasurer for disbursement of the scholarship funds
- Annually provide board member report to the President
- Consider the appointment of assistants as required. Suggestions Include: Annual Coaches Appreciation Dinner assistant, Annual Team and Player Award assistants, Picture Day assistants.
- Receive and issue receipts for all monies of the Club.
- Keep an accurate written record of all financial transactions, according to the Club Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, and Board of Directors, and present a monthly report.
- Co-sign all orders on the Treasury.
- Maintain bonding insurance as required on financial co-signers.
- Review board member budget status, adjust and provide at the October Club meeting a proposed budget for the next year.
- Prepare and maintain yearly state and federal forms, which establish the Club as being a non-profit youth organization.
- Provide books and financial records for annual audit to committee assigned by President.
- In November, annually provide board member report to the President
- Consider the appointment of assistants as required.
Academy Program Coordinator
- Provide liaison and communication between the Board, VP Development and Academy coaches and trainers
- assist Registrar in Academy Program player and coach registration and team formations
- assist VP of Competition as needed for small sided game scheduling
- coordinate use of small-sided fields with VP of Coordination - Fields, including goal/net repair, layout and painting of fields
- recruit Academy Program coaches/trainers with the assistance of the Volunteer Coordinator, Vice President of Development
- provide recommendations regarding Academy player clinics and coach development needs to the VP of Development
- recruit referees and coordinate and schedule Academy referee clinics as required
- assign referees for all Academy games as required
- track and verify referee accounts for payment at season's end as required
- organize and execute coaches meetings' along with Full Field Recreation Program Coordinator, ensuring small-sided information is delivered to all perspective coaches
- annually provide Board member report to club President
- consider the appointment of assistants as required. Suggestions include: Assistant Registrar, Coaching Coordinator, Field Representative, and Referee Coordinator
- Recruit and coordinate on-line volunteer list with appropriate board member and function (i.e., fields, awards, Viking Cup, etc.)
- Regularly review volunteer queries and comments from the Registration databases and contact interested volunteers;
- Receive volunteer needs from the Board and assists in finding volunteers to fill various positions as required;
- Assist Academy Coordinator and Full Field Recreation Program Coordinator and Coaching Director with the recruiting of coaches;
- Recruit Food Drive Coordinator;
- In November, annually provide Board member report to the President
- Consider the appointment of assistants as required. Suggestions include: Food Drive Coordinator, and others as required or requested by club officers.
Vice President of Publicity and Fundraising
- Assume the office of President, if the office is vacated
- coordinate joint efforts between the Club and the other clubs and affiliates as required
- with the Secretary as Chairperson, serve as a member of the annual Document Review Committee to maintain NKSC By-Laws and Rules & Regulations documents
- organize and coordinate fall recreation season fundraiser
- procure and assign sponsors for all Club teams in coordination with the Club Treasurer
- review By-Laws, Rules & Regulations and applicable NKSC documentation including duties and responsibilities with each newly elected Board Member
- publicize all club activities thru local venues (i.e. Herald, Sun, websites, etc)
- manage website as creator or liaison with volunteer website manager ensuring all club status and information is updated regularly
- provide board member report to the President
- Consider the appointment of assistants as required..
Vice President of Competition
- Attend Annual scheduling meetings and perform the preparation of match schedules as required with the Club Registrar
- Assist Program Coordinators as required with recruiting, scheduling of coaches and provide all materials received from higher authority to them at coaches meetings
- Coordinate referee contract info as applicable
- Coordinate the assignment of referees as applicable
- Review on-line scorekeeping and standings for all NK teams, ensuring prompt submittal of game results
- Assist Program Coordinators with the recruiting, coordination and scheduling of referees as applicable
- Receive final league standings and make available to Vice President - Recognition and Appreciation for purchase of recognition awards
- Assist Program Coordinators and VP Development as needed
- Act as NKSC risk management Coordinator
- Annually provide board member report to the President
- Consider the appointment of assistants as required. Suggestions include: Assistant Risk Management Coordinator, Disciplinary Committee Representative, Assistant Scheduler, and Referee Liaison
Vice President of Program Coordination - Equipment
- Keep an accurate record and inventory of all Club equipment and distribute/collect for all club programs as required
- maintain all team and player Club equipment, i.e. ball bags, flags, first aid kits, etc
- order new jerseys for upcoming fall Rec season based on predicted turnout. Additionally, review "extra" allowance inventory and order as needed. Distribute jerseys as required
- with the VP of Fields, oversee maintenance of Club storage facilities
- make a recommendation to the Board regarding uniform purchase needs
- annually provide Board member report to the President
- consider the appointment of assistants as required.
Recreational Program Registrar
- be responsible for the on-line registration program and handle registration of NKSC players and teams with the assistance of Program Coordinators;
- serve as club liaison with the on-line registration vendor;
- conduct feedback registration meetings after each season and update on-line program with inputs from Program Coordinators as applicable;
- set regular, late and team formation dates for registration events;
- build teams with assistance from Program Coordinators as applicable;
- ensure all players' birth certificates are maintained and verified during team formation;
- assist Vice President of Competition with placement of teams and match schedules at scheduling meetings;
- coordinate teams and team rosters for tournament play with Vice President of Competition as applicable;
- communicate with coaches during playing seasons with regards to roster updates and player injuries;
- maintain list of player injuries and coordinate player reassignment as required;
- assist VP of Publicity and Fundraising with newsletter information regarding registration dates, articles for local schools and newspaper and computer locations;
- assist President and Program Coordinators as applicable in preparation for Coaches meetings;
- ensure each team has team rosters and medical releases;
- annually provide Board member report to the President;
- consider the appointment of assistants as required. Suggestions Include: Academy Program Assistant, Full-Field Program Assistant, Competitive Program Assistant, etc..
- maintain accurate and official record of all meetings and distribute to the Board prior to the next Club meeting
- be responsible for all correspondence of the Club
- maintain NKSC By-Laws and Rules & Regulations documents
- serve as the Chairperson and member of the annual Document Review Committee along with co-member VP Publicity & Fundraising
- arrange for meeting place for all Club Business, Special and AGM meetings and give notice of all meetings to the Board and Membership as stipulated in the Club By-Laws
- send reminders to Board members of all scheduled meetings
- send out e-mail to all coaches/team representatives for Coach Training and Information meetings and all club meetings as applicable
- create, maintain and distribute (on the clubs website and electronic copies, a Club Calendar to the Board, Coaches, and Volunteers
- work closely with the VP of Publicity and Fundraising to actively advertise club activities and schedules
- annually provide Board member report to the President
- consider the appointment of assistants and helpers as required to accomplish assigned duties..
Competitive Program Coordinator
- Provide liaison and communication between the Board and Select teams
- Coordinate team tryouts with the VP of Development, VP of Coordination Fields and Small Sided Coordinator (for last falls U-10 age group).
- Coordinate tryout equipment check out and check in with VP of Coordination Equipment and VP of Fields (use permit).
- Provide liaison with District IV Director of Competition in registering the select teams for Washington State Youth League (WSYL), Washington State Youth Developmental League (WSYDL), District 4-7 Competitive League, or District 3 League with District IV approval, as required.
- Coordinate coaches meetings with President.
- Plan, organize and hold an informational open house prior to each years tryout selection.
- Make recommendations to the Board concerning coach selection, player selection process, player and coach development plans and overall program development. Use of a player, parent, and coach survey may be used at the discretion of the board.
- Handle all Select Team Financial Accounts under the direction and guidance of the Club Treasurer.
- Organize and conduct interview panel for all prospective select coaches. Make recommendations to the board for approval.
- Assist Volunteer Coordinator to recruit committee members and organizers for Viking Cup.
- Register all Select Team players using the on-line registration program.
- In November, annually provide board member report to club President.
- Coordinate VP of Publicity and Fundraising or the appointed volunteer manager to maintain the Select Program portion on the club website to ensure that the most current information is published with requirements, deadlines and results of select team activities.
- Consider the appointment of assistants as required. Suggestions include: Assistant Select Registrar, Select Fields Coordinator, Select Team Fields Representatives, Select Development
Full Field Recreational Program Coordinator
- Provide provide liaison and communication between the Board and Full Field teams
- assist Registrar in Full Field team formations
- assist VP of Competition as needed for Full Field game scheduling
- provide recommendations regarding Full Field player clinics and coach development needs to the VP of Development
- recruit Full Field Recreational Program coaches/trainers with the assistance of the Volunteer Coordinator, Vice President Development and Director of Coaching
- coordinate use of full field fields with VP of Coordination - Fields, including goal/net repair, layout and painting of fields
- organize and execute coaches meetings' along with the Academy Program Coordinator, ensuring information is delivered to all perspective coaches
- collect from Full Field teams tournament requests and coordinate with VP Comp if necessary
- annually provide Board member report to club President
- consider the appointment of assistants as required. Suggestions include: Assistant Registrar, Coaching Coordinator, Field Representatives, and Referee Coordinator.